There are currently no retail vacancies.
Head Office Vacancies
Fabric Developer/Sample Administrator
Jenny Packham are looking for a Fabric Developer / Sampling Administrator. The Business is a market leader in the eveningwear and Bridal sector and is known for a strong aesthetic.
Your key responsibilities will be to dynamically source and develop fabrics within Europe and the Far East that meet the brand criteria. This is a creative role that will also demand strong administration skills. You will work across the design, technical and production teams and will be based at the head off in London (Gospel Oak).
- Source new fabric and trims that sit in line with the price architecture of the brand
- Ensure technical and aesthetic requirements are met with regards to fabric sourcing
- Develop and expand in house Fabric Library
- Build key relationships with mills and fabric agents
- Negotiate and confirm all prices with suppliers
- Work closely across design, Sampling and Production teams
- Deliver a smooth transition from mills to factory adhering to strict timelines
- Critical Path and Budget management
- Attend Fabric and Trade shows seasonally
Experience, Skills & Attributes
- Proven experience in fabric sourcing within multi product womenswear at a high end, high street or designer level
- Fashion/textiles or related degree (or equivalent) an advantage
- Good knowledge of fabric testing an advantage
- Trend aware with a passion for and sound knowledge of fabrics
- Methodical and well organised with a good eye for detail
- Computer literate with confidence in using MS office suite (word, excel etc)
- Strong communication and people skills, good at building inter-departmental relationships
- Good negotiation skills and ability to influence
- A practical mindset, good at solving problems with a ‘can-do’ attitude
- A collaborative and flexible approach to work alone but also as part of the wider team
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment under pressure
- Knowledge and skills with photoshop an advantage
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to our HR team at StrattonHR – firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions or would like further information on the role please call Stratton HR at 08450 549966.